The MOBO Awards steps into its milestone 18th year creating one of the biggest parties on the calendar. On Saturday, 19 October, the newly built SSE Hydro in Glasgow will be set alight with the brightest MOBO stars of the past year. The MOBO Organisation is looking for expert members of the public to join this year’s MOBO Music Panel to help decide the nominees for this year’s categories before the public vote opens in September.
Members of the public are being asked to answer 10 questions correctly with the chance of being chosen to attend the MOBO Music Panel meeting taking place at a central London venue later this month.
The panel of music connoisseurs has grown in numbers from last year with now as many as 10 additional spaces open to members of the public through the SuperFans competition. The MOBO music panel is made up of influential members of the music and entertainment industry including DJs (club and radio), pop culture influencers, promoters (club and concert), press, bloggers, past winners and A&Rs.
For more media information, please contact:
Marketing and PR lead
020 7306 4941
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Members of the public can enter the SuperFans competition here: www.mobo.com/we-need-your-music-expertise
- The 18th MOBO Awards ceremony will take place on Saturday, October 19 at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland
- Tickets are being sold at £25, £35 and £49 respectively
- Chart toppers Iggy Azalea and Rudimental have been confirmed as the first acts to perform on the night
- The 18th MOBO Awards ceremony will be aired on BBC3, repeated on BBC1 and syndicated to millions around the world
- Opening on the site of the SECC later this year, the SSE Hydro will play host to national and international music mega stars as well as global entertainment and sporting events. With a maximum seating capacity of 12,000 The Hydro will augment the SECC’s existing facilities and will play host to around 140 events per annum. The global significance of this iconic building, designed by Foster + Partners, cannot be overestimated. Aspiring to attract an audience of 1 million visitors each year will position The SSE Hydro in the top five busiest indoor music arenas in the world alongside such iconic venues as Madison Square Garden and The O2 arena. It has the potential to inject an additional £131 million annually into the local economy.