Entry and participation in any competition on MOBO.com shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
· Competition closes on date and time specified in competition guidelines.
· Open to UK residents aged 16 years and over only.
· There is one main prize (unless runners up are specified) for each competition winner which will be delivered via mail or collected from MOBO HQ. For gig competitions, we will specify in the competition guidelines whether tickets must be picked up from the venue or otherwise.
· Prizes are as stated and no alternatives will be offered.
· The winner for any competition will need to respond to the first point of reference within 24 hours. If this person fails to do so, another competition winner will be chosen at random.
· Please provide us with a valid email address so that we can inform you in case you’ve won
- Unless specified, travel and accommodation is not included in the prize
· Entries and accounts made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void
· We reserve the right to accept only one submission per IP address in case of fake or multiple accounts
· All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
· Use of a false name or other details will result in disqualification.
· We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
· The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name and members’ details and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests relating to any post-winning publicity.
· Competitions on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram - to enter followers must RT/Share/Like (where necessary) and include the relevant hashtag. Winners will be direct messaged.
MOBO UNSUNG 2018
• Entrants to MOBO UnSung must reside in the United Kingdom.
• Entrants must write/compose their own music and maintain full ownership of it
• Entrants must not be signed to a major or independent record label.
• Entrants must not be signed to a music publishing company or have a management deal
• Deadline for entries is June 7 2018 12pm.
• The 10 finalists are expected to be availble for a live performance in London on June 29
• The 10 finalists are expected to attend the final judging panel day in London and organise and pay for their own travel.
• The 10 finalists who are approached to take part in the MOBO UnSung performance opportunities must be 18+
.•The 10 finalists are expected to attend the MOBO Awards Nominations launch as well as other key dates within the MOBO Awards season if required
• MOBO Organisation reserves the right to adjust any terms and conditions at any time
Newsletter Competition - Win MOBO Awards Tickets.
1. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland aged 16 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. Promotion Period: Friday 11th May, 10:00AM – Friday 25th May, 11:59PM
3. Purchase not necessary and Internet access is required.
4. To enter, entrants must subscribe to our newsletter and complete the form listed here by May 25.
5. The Prize: 1 x pair of VIP tickets to attend the 2018 MOBO in the United Kingdom, 10 runners-up will also recived x1 pair of arena tickets, which is non-transferable and excludes travel and accommodation. Amount: 2 VIP tickets (1 winner) and 20 arena tickets (10 runners up) in total.
Travel and accomodation is NOT included in the prize.
Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted via email and will be required to respond to confirm identity, eligibility, plus acceptance of the prize within 24 hours of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within 24 hours of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and the prize will be allocated to an alternative entrant selected in the same manner.
While the date and location for the 2018 MOBO Awards will be announced soon, MOBO can confirm that it will take place in the United Kingdom.
The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
No cash or credit alternative is available and the Prize is not transferable.
Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner.
The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
The Promoter of this prize draw is MOBO of MOBO Organisation ltd, Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA. MOBO Competition enquiries team may be contacted on 020 8558 8558
· The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
· The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
· The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
- Where prizes are to be delivered to the personal address of a winner, the prize will only be delivered to an address within the UK and ROI and will only be sent once. Should a prize winner's contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact persons for the relevant promotion.
- We reserve the right to request proof of a prize winner's identity in the form of a passport or driver’s license, proof of residence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. If a prize winner cannot provide us with the proofs mentioned above which are reasonably acceptable to the Promoter, we may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner in the same manner as the first.
· Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
· Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
· Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfillment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
· The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED!
· Entrants to MOBO Moments must be based in the United Kingdom.
· To be considered, entries must include the hashtag #MOBOmoment
· Finalists who are approached to attend the 2016 MOBO Awards must be 18+ or accompanied by a responsible adult (no age limit applies to entering MOBO Moment competition)
· Deadline for entries is Monday 31st October, 2016.
· Prize elements will be provided to finalists once a winner has been publicly announced.
· Finalists are expected to make their own travel and accommodation provisions
· MOBO Organisation reserves the right to adjust any terms and conditions at any time.
· The winner will be selected by members of the MOBO Organisation
Promotion: MOBO Movement
Prize: To become one of the Social Ambassadors for MOBO
Closing Date: 2nd March 2017
(Please note this an opportunity without obligation and unpaid)
Who may enter
1.Join the MOBO Movement is open to anyone with a valid British passport. If you are under 18 years old you must have the permission of your parent or guardian, who must have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions on your behalf.
2. Entrants must:
a) be the personal, registered account holder of the YouTube account used to upload any video entry;
b) have no convictions for which the entrant has a current criminal record and no prosecution and/or police enquiry pending for any conviction, provided that this requirement shall only apply to the extent permissible under applicable law;
c) upon the Promoter’s request, present acceptable proof of name, age, and address;
d) confirm their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to request acceptable evidence of the above, and may disqualify any entrant who fails to provide such evidence upon request.
3. Employees (or family members of employees) of MOBO may not enter this Promotion.
How to enter
4. To take part in this Promotion, create a video in accordance with the brief and upload it to You Tube before 23.59 (British Summer Time) on 1 March 2017. By uploading your video your YouTube username will be automatically associated with your video and submitted to the Promoter. You are responsible for ensuring that both your YouTube account and the email address linked to your YouTube account are active.
5. One entry per person.
6. Multiple or duplicate entries] will be invalid.
7. All entries must be received by 23.59 British Summer Time on 1 March 2017
8.Videos uploaded after this time will not be valid. The Promoter will determine the time of upload.
9. As an entrant, you warrant that:
a) your entry does not infringe any third party rights;
b) you have the right to grant the Promoter permission to use your entry for any purpose, including (without limitation) all relevant rights and written permissions (including from individuals featured in your entry);
c) your entry does not feature any individual except for yourself and other individuals who have consented to being featured in your entry (in the case of individuals under the age of 18 years,
consent from their parent/guardian is also required);
d) your entry is your own original work and does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights (excluding those intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to the Promoter) and you are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in your entry;
f) your entry does not contain any discriminatory, obscene or defamatory material, does not include (whether by image, gesture, statement or other material of any kind) any violence, cruelty to animals, weapons, religious iconography or anything which may reasonably be considered to be offensive, anti-social, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable, and is not otherwise illegal under English law, or the law in the country in which you are normally resident.
10. You agree that the Promoter may commercially exploit your entry as it sees fit, including without limitation through third party advertising which may appear in connection with your entry, without any payment to you.
11. You agree that the Promoter may, at its sole discretion elect not to publish, use or exploit your entry or any part of it in any way and, if it does elect to publish, use or exploit your entry or any part of it in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, stop publishing, using or exploiting your entry at any time.
12. You agree that the Promoter may edit or adapt your entry in any way and you waive any moral rights.
Winner selection and notification
13. The Promoter will select a short list of finalists. The finalists will be those who, in the opinion and sole discretion of the MOBO judges, have demonstrated the greatest ability to become an ambassador for the MOBO brand. The judge’s decision shall be final and binding.
14. The winners] will be the registered account holders of the YouTube account used to upload the winning entries and the winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the Closing Date. 14b. If the Promoter decides that none of the entries are of sufficient quality to be shortlisted then it shall be entitled to cancel the competition.
15. The Prize for the competition will be the role of brand ambassador for MOBO.
16. If any winner is not able, for any reason, to accept the Prize, or does not respond to the email notification within 5 working days of the competition winner being announced the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant. The Promoter shall be automatically released from its obligations to the original winners.
17. In order to claim the Prize the winners must enter into a standard presenter’s contract in which all intellectual property rights will be assigned to the Promoter for no remuneration.
18.Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the Promoter’s (or any third party’s) liability for
(i) death or personal injury arising from the Promoter (or third party’s) negligence,
(ii) fraud, or
(iii) any liability that is non-excludable as a matter of law.
19. Except as set out in clause 18 above, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
b) any changes to the Prize; and
c) any act or default of any third party.
20. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software or other technical failures of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry. Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
21. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
22. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
23. Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. By entering, you acknowledge that Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest bear no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest from any liability whatsoever in connection with this
24. The Promoter reserves the right to pass on any entry which causes it concern (including any associated personal details) to the relevant authorities, at its sole discretion and/or where such disclosure is required by law.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
26. The Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this Promotion, and publicizing the winner.
27. Please note that your data may be processed on a server outside of your country of residence, including on servers in the United States and United Kingdom. You may request to view, edit or remove your data at any time by contacting the Promoter using email@example.com. If you request that your YouTube username and/or country of residence is removed, you will no longer be eligible to win the Prize.
28. You irrevocably agree that the Promoter and its sponsors and brand partners shall be entitled to use your name and likeness for all advertising, marketing, publicity and public relations purposes without additional remuneration. You also irrevocably agree to co-operate with, and take part in, reasonable publicity for and on behalf of the Promoter and its sponsors and brand partners upon request, which shall include (without limitation) press and promotional activities, without additional remuneration.
29. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection it with (including the Prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that
the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion (including the Prize).